# Acknowledgement #
EST project of C. japonica was supported by:
- The Program for Promotion of Basic Research Activities for Innovative Bioscience.
- A Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan (grant no. - 15780118).
- Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries of Japan (Rice Genome Project grant no. CG1107).
- A Grant-in-Aid Research Project for Utilizing Advanced Technologies in Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries
- A Research Grant from the Forestry and Forest Products Research Institute (no. 200607).
- A Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan (grant no. - 18780123).
# References #
1. Tsumura Y., Y. Suyama, K. Yoshimura, N. Shirato, Y. Mukai (1997) Sequence-tagged-sites (STSs) of cDNA clones in Cryptomeria japonica and their evaluation as molecular markers in conifers. Theoretical and Applied Genetics 94:764-772
2. Ujino-Ihara, T., K. Yoshimura, Y. Ugawa, H. Yoshimaru, K. Nagasaka and Y. Tsumura (2000) Expression analysis of ESTs derived from the inner bark of Cryptomeria Japonica Plant Molecular Biology 43: 451-457
3. Ujino-Ihara, T., Y. Taguchi, K. Yoshimura, and Y. Tsumura (2003) Analysis of expressed sequence tags derived from developing seed and pollen cones of Cryptomeria japonica. Plant Biology 5 : 600-607
4. Ujino-Ihara, T., H. Kanamori, H. Yamane, Y. Taguchi, N. Namiki, Y. Mukai, K. Yoshimura, Y. Tsumura (2005) Comparative analysis of expressed sequence tags of conifers and angiosperms reveals sequences specifically conserved in conifers. Plant Molecular Biology 59: 895-907
5. Futamura, N., T.Ujino-Ihara, M. Nishiguchi, H. Kanamori, K. Yoshimura, M. Sakaguchi, K. Shinohara (2006) Analysis of expressed sequence tags from Cryptomeria japonica pollen reveals novel pollen-specific transcripts. Tree Physiology 26: 1517-1528
6. Yoshida, K., M. Nishiguchi, N. Futamura, T. Nanjo (2007) Expressed sequence tags from Cryptomeria japonica sapwood during the drying process. Tree Physiology 27: 1-9
7. Futamura, N., Y. Totoki, A. Toyoda, T. Igasaki, T. Nanjo, M. Seki, Y. Sakaki, A. Mari, K. Shinozaki, K. Shinohara (2008) Characterization of expressed sequence tags from a full-length enriched cDNA library of Cryptomeria japonica male strobili. BMC Genomics 9: 383
# Link #
(Link to Comparative table for Unigenes.)